Delran Township was established by the New Jersey Legislature in 1880. Before that date, Delran Township was part of Cinnaminson Township and before establishing Cinnaminson Township in 1860, Delran, Moorestown, Riverside and Cinnaminson were all part of Chester Township. Some of our historical sites date back to the Chester Township era. The Delran Historical Society is working with Delran Township to install historical markers at locations of historical significance.
In 2016, a total of 10 sites were marked with signs. These sites are:
- Trinity Episcopal Church located on Southbound Route 130
- Methodist Episcopal Church now The House of God South Bridgeboro Street
- Bridgeboro Grammar School now Delran Intermediate School on Creek Road
- Cambridge School was located on Third Street between Main and Chestnut
- New Riverside Cemetery was located on Fairview Street
- Fairview Christian Cemetery located behind Trinity Episcopal Church on Route 130
- Methodist Cemetery located on Creek Road
- The Conrow House located at the south end of the Methodist Church property on Conrow Road
- Bridgeboro Bridge located at the ramp to Route 130 North from Bridgeboro Street
- World War II Observation Tower was located at the Knights of Columbus on Bridgeboro Road
Here’s a bookmark with QR codes to learn more about each site with your smart phone. We are planning to mark another 10 sites with historical markers in the future.