In 1838, the ground upon which the present church stands was presented to the Christian Connection by the first pastor Rev. Frederick Thomas. Work to construct a place of worship began and soon a small stone edifice was erected and meetings were held until 1845. Originally built as a meeting house, it was constructed in the tradition of small modified Gothic architecture, stone and rough cast with a spire, a bell, and stained glass windows. In 1845, the Christian Connection offered their building to Rev. Samuel Hallowell who was in charge of Beverly and nearby vicinities. The building constructed by the Christian Connection was purchased for $500. The first meeting to organize a parish at the “Fairview Meeting House” was held on April 14, 1845. A resolution was adopted creating a congregation connected to the Protestant Episcopal Church in the Diocese of New Jersey named “The Rector, Wardens and Vestrymen of Trinity Church, of Fairview, in Chester Township, Burlington County.
The inside of the church was modified by adding more seating. Additional land was purchased in April 1846 to make the lot even and symmetrical. A Sunday School was organized in 1845 by Mrs. Julia E. Walton. In 1883, Mrs. Walton donated money for the construction of a stone vestibule, a main feature of the present church. Mrs. Walton’s son Frederick M. Walton of Philadelphia had the church almost entirely renovated in 1892 in memory of his mother who died on October 30, 1891. In 1912 a 40 foot long by 24 foot wide Parish House was constructed at a cost of $1,031.31. In December 1915, a new carpeting was installed throughout the church for less than $90. Later a sacristy, choir robbing room and two restrooms were added.
In 1925, it was time to add a kitchen in connection to the Parish House. This was done at a cost of $450. Upon completion, the interior of the kitchen was painted by Silas G. Hatcher, a member of the church and Delran Township Mayor in 1897. These improvements and others were made possible by donations and gifts to the church. In 1935, the State of New Jersey had plans to widen Route 25 – Burlington and Camden Turnpike and what is now know as Route 130. The church was paid $800 for land taken to accommodate the widen road. Today, Trinity Episcopal Church has few members and is struggling to remain open. Over the past 170 years, Trinity Church has been served by many.
For the 100th Anniversary of the Church, Miss Florence Fischer compiled the below booklet on history of this church from 1845 to 1945.